warning about JavaMail 1.3.3

David Hook-4

We're not sure exactly what's happening still, but it appears that on
some platforms, under some circumstances, Base64 decoding, or something
underlying it, in JavaMail 1.3.3 breaks horribly and produces data with
lots of extra bytes of the value 0x00 and 0xff. The upshot of this is
that messages containing Base64 encoded data, such as S/MIME messages
will no longer work as the data stream containing the encoded message
has become corrupted.

If S/MIME starts causing exceptions we recommend moving back to 1.3.2.

Re: warning about JavaMail 1.3.3

Thomas Fromm-2
On Thursday 08 September 2005 00:25, you wrote:
> We're not sure exactly what's happening still, but it appears that on
> some platforms, under some circumstances, Base64 decoding, or something
> underlying it, in JavaMail 1.3.3 breaks horribly and produces data with
> lots of extra bytes of the value 0x00 and 0xff. The upshot of this is
> that messages containing Base64 encoded data, such as S/MIME messages
> will no longer work as the data stream containing the encoded message
> has become corrupted.

Ok, good. Not good for javamail 1.3.3, but now i'm sure that it wasnt my fault
at using bc+1.3.3 :-).

They have "improved" base64 impl. inside javamail 1.3.3, but i had last weeks
no time to compare the code.

kind regards,
thomas

--