upgrading from 1.46 Decrypting not working

upgrading from 1.46 Decrypting not working

tech user

We are using using symmetric encryption/decryption using bouncycastle 1.46 using AES_BES64. We encrypt some text and store it in database and decrypt when needed.

We are upgrading to 1.56 ( only jar , no code changes ) and we are unable to decrypt the stored encrypted text .

When we roll back to 1.46 we are able to decrypt and everything works fine.

Is there a way to fix it, any pointers.