Quantcast

"final" beta of 1.51 now available.

David Hook

Hi all,

the final beta of 1.51 is now up on http://www.bouncycastle.org/betas

Main enhancements are:

- support for EC signing and encryption in the PGP API (RFC 6637).
- further performance enhancements to EC processing,
- optimisations and enhancements to Block Cipher streaming modes,
including "seekable" SIC/CTR.
- failures associated with messages over 4k in size with some AEAD modes
have been fixed.
- more complete handling of GCM mode in the provider (now returns
AlgorithmParameters/IV where possible).
- recently reported OSGI meta-data issues have been fixed in the jars.
- KDFCounterGenerator now full supports input data orderings in NIST
SP800-108
- client authentication support in TLS/DTLS API.
- SHA-1 and SHA-2 family digests now support dumping and re-initialising
of state as required for "sign with last round on device" signature
generation.

Note:
- there has been another round of deprecation clean up in this version.
You will most likely need to recompile before testing this release.
Apologies for the inconvenience.

Any questions/issues let us know.

Re: "final" beta of 1.51 now available.

Tim Whittington-2

On 23/06/2014, at 12:22 pm, David Hook <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> the final beta of 1.51 is now up on http://www.bouncycastle.org/betas
>
> Main enhancements are:
>
> - support for EC signing and encryption in the PGP API (RFC 6637).
> - further performance enhancements to EC processing,
> - optimisations and enhancements to Block Cipher streaming modes, including "seekable" SIC/CTR.
> - failures associated with messages over 4k in size with some AEAD modes have been fixed.
> - more complete handling of GCM mode in the provider (now returns AlgorithmParameters/IV where possible).
> - recently reported OSGI meta-data issues have been fixed in the jars.
> - KDFCounterGenerator now full supports input data orderings in NIST SP800-108
> - client authentication support in TLS/DTLS API.
> - SHA-1 and SHA-2 family digests now support dumping and re-initialising of state as required for "sign with last round on device" signature generation.
>
> Note:
> - there has been another round of deprecation clean up in this version. You will most likely need to recompile before testing this release. Apologies for the inconvenience.
>
> Any questions/issues let us know.

Just in case I don’t get around to raising a proper issue, there’s a problem with the SkippingCipher implementations when counter retreat roll back across (byte/long) boundaries - it’s comparing to MAX_VALUE instead of -1.