problems generating self signed certs for tomcat

problems generating self signed certs for tomcat

J.V.
I have a requirement to generate a self signed cert for Tomcat.  I
Google'd and found this example but it does not work.
http://blog.thilinamb.com/2010/01/how-to-generate-self-signed.html

I am naming the .pkc12 file "a.keystore" and putting in
$CATALINA_HOME/conf along with a .pem file that I generate and also
modify my server.xml to point to the a.keystore file.

I can send my code to anyone that would be willing to help; I have a
deadline and am pulling my hair out.  The certs work fine if I generate
from command line using openssl, but I need a Java solution.

If anyone has a working / tested / known good example of generating a
self signed cert that will work with Tomcat and generate these two files:
  - a.keystore
  - ca.pem

(first a "ca.crt" is generated and the a.keystore is generated directly
from ca.crt as well as ca.pem)

that can be used, please point me in the right direction and your help
will be much appreciated.

J.V.

Re: problems generating self signed certs for tomcat

Arshad Noor
While I haven't looked at the test code personally (I usually read
the concepts and code from David's book), I believe the test cases
for BC have the capability you're looking for.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.