org.bouncycastle.test.est.TestCACertsFetch.testEmptyCaCertsResponseTruncated()

org.bouncycastle.test.est.TestCACertsFetch.testEmptyCaCertsResponseTruncated()

Michael Ross
I am trying to run the EST unit tests to ensure that I have configured
my build environment correctly.
org.bouncycastle.test.est.TestCACertsFetch.testEmptyCaCertsResponseTruncated()
because an IOException is thrown when an EOFException is expected.

1. Is
org.bouncycastle.test.est.TestCACertsFetch.testEmptyCaCertsResponseTruncated()
failing this way for everyone or just me?

2. Where is the line of code that is supposed to throw the EOFException?
I have not been able to locate it.

3. Why is an EOFException more appropriate than an IOException in this
instance? I would think that an IOException would be perfectly expected
and appropriate.

I am so sorry for asking such a stupid question. I am new here. I am so
sorry.

Thank you.

Very Respectfully,

Michael Ross

Re: org.bouncycastle.test.est.TestCACertsFetch.testEmptyCaCertsResponseTruncated()

MEGAN WOODS-3
Hi Michael,

An IOException is acceptable.

It looks like some changes have crept in since those tests were built.

A fix has been pushed and will be synced up to GitHub in a couple of hours.

Let me know how it goes.

MW.