(no subject)

Gerrit Leder

       From: Gerrit Leder <[hidden email]>

       To: [hidden email]

       Subject: error generating "digest.SHA3.DigestSHA512()" in Java 8/11

    Hello all,

as I conclude from your Project site only java8 is currently supported by bouncy Castle. And I have taken example program from stackoverflow here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30109958/calculating-sha-3-hash-in-java

This is working fine!

But the same Code line copied to my Project gives an error „cannot find symbol“ on method „digest.SHA3.Digest512().digest“ as described here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54448006/calculation-of-sha3-hash-value-with-bouncycastle-error-cannot-find-symbol

Anybody an idea or solution to the error?

Thank you in Advance!

Cheers

Gerrit

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

Re:

Michael Rogers
Hi Gerrit,

The code in your StackOverflow question suggests that you may have
changed the type of `message` from BigInteger to byte[], but you're
still calling `message.getBytes()`. Is it possible that getBytes() is
the symbol the compiler's failing to find?

Cheers,
Michael

On 12/02/2019 12:50, Gerrit Leder wrote:

>        From: Gerrit Leder <[hidden email]>
>
>        To: [hidden email]
>
>        Subject: error generating "digest.SHA3.DigestSHA512()" in Java 8/11
>

>     Hello all,
>

> as I conclude from your Project site only java8 is currently supported
> by bouncy Castle. And I have taken example program from stackoverflow here:
>

> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30109958/calculating-sha-3-hash-in-java
>

> This is working fine!
>

> But the same Code line copied to my Project gives an error „cannot find
> symbol“ on method „digest.SHA3.Digest512().digest“ as described here:
>

> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54448006/calculation-of-sha3-hash-value-with-bouncycastle-error-cannot-find-symbol
>

> Anybody an idea or solution to the error?
>

> Thank you in Advance!
>

> Cheers
>
> Gerrit

> Gesendet von Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> für
> Windows 10

0x11044FD19FC527CC.asc (16K) Download Attachment