new signers in a CMS message

yhetheridge
A point of clarification, please:

I didn't find an answer in the archives so before I dig more deeply into
BC,  I would like to know if the version of
"org.bouncycastle.cms.CMSSignedDataGenerator.addSigners" that accepts
SignerInformationStore as "the store of precalculated signers to the
generator" is used as the means of adding new signers to an existing
CMS?  Is there an example that outlines a means of  doing this?

TIA,

yhe

Re: new signers in a CMS message

David Hook-4

It's the other way around - addSigners is used to add existing signers
to a new signed data structure that is being generated. Basically you
take the signers off the original signed data structure and add them
before generating a new signed data structure that includes the new
signers.