how large is public key

Mani HeKmaT
hi list
i am studing RSA but u have problem in it please help me
for first we must product two prime number for p and q
in my article say these shoude be large in real project
i want to know how large shoude be these prime number?
can you give me some real p and q?

Mani Hekmat

Re: how large is public key

Kevin Smith-2
Mani HeKmaT wrote:
> hi list
> i am studing RSA but u have problem in it please help me
> for first we must product two prime number for p and q
> in my article say these shoude be large in real project
> i want to know how large shoude be these prime number?
> can you give me some real p and q?

I don't have a convenient way right now to provide a "real" p or q, but
based on this article, a real public key (e and n) would be hundreds of
digits long:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/6695/print

I couldn't find a reference that described how the RSA bit count (e.g.
1024 or 2048) maps to specific lengths of p, q, d, e, and/or n. But 2048
bits would be about 600 decimal digits.

Kevin

Re: how large is public key

Ken Ballou
You should borrow a copy of "Applied Cryptography, 2nd Edition" by Bruce
Schneier from the nearest library.

Also, "Network Security: Private Communication in a Public World" by
Charlie Kaufman, Radia Perlman, and Mike Speciner is a very readable
reference.

Both of these will provide you an accessible explanation of the RSA
algorithm.

Mani HeKmaT wrote:
> hi list
> i am studing RSA but u have problem in it please help me
> for first we must product two prime number for p and q
> in my article say these shoude be large in real project
> i want to know how large shoude be these prime number?
> can you give me some real p and q?

Re: how large is public key

Mani HeKmaT
i know RSA algoritm man
i just want see a real public key
i want to write program and i want to input RSA in my program.
i want to know how many figure the N or E number have?
just it
thanks

Mani Hekmat

Re: how large is public key

Sidney Markowitz
Mani HeKmaT wrote:
> i know RSA algoritm man
> i just want see a real public key
> i want to write program and i want to input RSA in my program.
> i want to know how many figure the N or E number have?

If you download the BouncyCastle source files, you will find examples of all
those numbers in src/org/bouncycastle/crypto/test/RSATest.java

They are variables set near the beginning of the file with obvious names
like p and q.

 -- Sidney Markowitz
    http://www.sidney.com