extracting original data from a PKCS7SignedData object

extracting original data from a PKCS7SignedData object

Antonio Bonavita
Hello to everybody,

Is it possible to extract the original data
from a PKCS7SignedData object?

In my example I load bytes from a file that is a
signed document (detached signature) into an
array of bytes:

byte[] myBytes = loadBytes(filename);

then i do this

PKCS7SignedData pkcs7 = new PKCS7SignedData(mybytes);

and then i'd like to verify signature extracting original
bytes and signature from a byte[] which contain
pkcs7 detached signed data.

How can I do this?

I've not seen any get method which could help me...

Hoping you have some suggestions,
I thank you in advance,

Antonio

RE: extracting original data from a PKCS7SignedData object

MACKO Roman
Hi,

I don't know what version of BC you use but  javadoc in version 1.28
states
the PKCS7SignedData class is pretty close to obsolete and for a much
better
implementation of PKCS7 you should have a look at org.bouncycastle.cms
package
where you can find CMSSignedData and CMSSignedDataGenerator classes.
Class CMSSignedData, for example, have method getSignedContent().

roman

Thank you very much!
I had to use org.bouncycastle.cms package to manipulate PKCS7SignedData
objects

antonio