cms stream version

Siarhei Baidun-2

Hi everybody

I'm applying for a help to bouncycastle developers mainly.

I've been experiencing a big probolem with cms (e.g. pkcs7) data processing.
When I try to sign an extremely large data blob I get out of memory error. I saw the code and it turned out that the whole data i sbeing uploaded into the memory first and then is being processed.

Before use of bouncycastle I worked with IAIK lib. It has a nice streaming facility that enables to sign potentially unlimited-sized data blobs.

My question is :
Is it possible to implement such streaming feature for bouncycastle as IAIK has?

Thanks in advance,
Siarhei Baidun

Re: cms stream version

Will Dickson
Siarhei Baidun wrote:

> Hi everybody
>
> I'm applying for a help to bouncycastle developers mainly.
>
> I've been experiencing a big probolem with cms (e.g. pkcs7) data
> processing.
> When I try to sign an extremely large data blob I get out of memory
> error. I saw the code and it turned out that the whole data i sbeing
> uploaded into the memory first and then is being processed.
>
> Before use of bouncycastle I worked with IAIK lib. It has a nice
> streaming facility that enables to sign potentially unlimited-sized data
> blobs.
>
> My question is :
> Is it possible to implement such streaming feature for bouncycastle as
> IAIK has?

I'm not a BC developer, but IIRC there was talk about this on the list a
while back; somebody else ran into the same problem and was looking at
doing something about it. You might like to check the list archive.

Will.