bcprov-jdk14-124.jar Source Code

Conrad T. Pino
We have a long standing project using bcprov-jdk14-124.jar and from
time to time all outbound SSL connections from within Tomcat 6 J2EE
web applications begin failing completely.

During such failure mode invoking javax.net.ssl.SSLContext.getDefault
fails with a NullPointerException in the following method:

org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.JDKKeyFactory$EC.engineGeneratePublic(JDKKeyFa
ctory.java:532)

We hope to understand issue better by reviewing the source code. We
assume that JAR may also be known as 1.24 version however earliest
tags I see in Git is r1rv49 and ViewCVS is v150 and Bouncy Castle
FTP server doesn't complete PORT command during directory listing.
FTP response is "200 PORT command successful" but no data follows.

Where might we find corresponding source code for this JAR file?

Best regards,
Conrad T. Pino
vFlyer Inc.

Re: bcprov-jdk14-124.jar Source Code

David Hook-3

Please note the BC FTP server does not support passive FTP.

On 21/06/17 00:39, Conrad T. Pino wrote:

> We have a long standing project using bcprov-jdk14-124.jar and from
> time to time all outbound SSL connections from within Tomcat 6 J2EE
> web applications begin failing completely.
>
> During such failure mode invoking javax.net.ssl.SSLContext.getDefault
> fails with a NullPointerException in the following method:
>
> org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.JDKKeyFactory$EC.engineGeneratePublic(JDKKeyFa
> ctory.java:532)
>
> We hope to understand issue better by reviewing the source code. We
> assume that JAR may also be known as 1.24 version however earliest
> tags I see in Git is r1rv49 and ViewCVS is v150 and Bouncy Castle
> FTP server doesn't complete PORT command during directory listing.
> FTP response is "200 PORT command successful" but no data follows.
>
> Where might we find corresponding source code for this JAR file?
>
> Best regards,
> Conrad T. Pino
> vFlyer Inc.

RE: bcprov-jdk14-124.jar Source Code

Conrad T. Pino
BC FTP works by adding an inbound firewall rule.

The BC FTP server directory "/pub/release1.24" is
likely candidate and has these specific files:

        bcprov-jdk12-124.jar
        bcprov-jdk13-124.jar
        bcprov-jdk14-124.jar
        bcprov-jdk14-124.tar.gz