android proguard help please

Dalton Porter
Hi,
I have an app that is using bouncycastle, specifically
bctest-jdk15on-156.zip and
bcprov-ext-jdk15on-156.zip

The app works fine in the debug build.  I use proguard
as part of Android Studio and Gradle (3.5.1) to generate
a release build.
I cannot seem to get my release app to build because
proguard is not happy with bouncycastle.

I've tried everything I can think of to exclude
bouncycastle from proguard but it just wont work.

Does anyone have a proguard configuration that
works with bouncycastle?

Thanks.

Re: android proguard help please

Matti Aarnio

Put the BouncyCastle into <libraryjar> parameters of the proguard,
not in the <injar> group.

On 16.05.2017 22:49, Dalton Porter wrote:
Hi,
I have an app that is using bouncycastle, specifically
bctest-jdk15on-156.zip and
bcprov-ext-jdk15on-156.zip

The app works fine in the debug build.  I use proguard
as part of Android Studio and Gradle (3.5.1) to generate
a release build.
I cannot seem to get my release app to build because
proguard is not happy with bouncycastle.

I've tried everything I can think of to exclude
bouncycastle from proguard but it just wont work.

Does anyone have a proguard configuration that
works with bouncycastle?

Thanks.

smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment