Quantcast

Who's using Bouncy Castle?

Jason Youzwak
Hi,
My company is considering using Bouncy Castle.  How widespread is it in us?
If you feel like offering the information, I'm curious which companies are using it.

Thanks!
Jason

Re: Who's using Bouncy Castle?

Lothar Kimmeringer-4
Hi,

Am 08.09.2016 um 15:22 schrieb Jason Youzwak:

> My company is considering using Bouncy Castle.  How widespread is it in us?
> If you feel like offering the information, I'm curious which companies are using it.

half the AS2-connectors and half the OFTP2-connectors out there. SSHTools (SSH-server
and -client-library for Java) and - I think - JScape (SSH-client library) use it.
More or less every Java-based application that doesn't use IAIK or thinks of
it being a good idea to implement it yourself (which isn't).

Cheers, Lothar

Re: Who's using Bouncy Castle?

Matthew Hall
On Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 09:22:34AM -0400, Jason Youzwak wrote:
> Hi,
> My company is considering using Bouncy Castle.  How widespread is it in us?
> If you feel like offering the information, I'm curious which companies are
> using it.
>
> Thanks!
> Jason

It is one of the three gold standards of Java cryptography, alongside IAIK and
libnss via the PKCS#11 Provider or Java bindings. You could try using Github
and Google Search and Maven Search to find places importing and using the
different classes. But it's very critical if you want to do any of the
write-side as opposed toread-side of crypto with Java.

Matthew.