Support for RFC 2240

lama12
Hi,

when I decrypt a file with GNUPG that was encrypted with the
bouncycastle-libs I get the following error:

gpg: old style (PGP 2.x) signature

On the homepage of bouncycastle support for RFC 2440 is described. As far as
I understand I initialized my PGPEncryptedDataGenerator with the 4-arg
constructor and oldFormat is false. I would have thought to get encryption
in RFC 2440-format with this. This doesn't seem to work as the gpg-output
shows.
Are my assumptions right or am I totally on the wrong track?

Thanks for any help, Martin.

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse f?r Mail, Message, More +++

Re: Support for RFC 2240

David Hook-4

It sounds like the generator class wasn't closed off properly. Are you
finding you get the same result when you try the example programs?