Problem with retrieving CMSSignedData object after ASN.1 serialization

Problem with retrieving CMSSignedData object after ASN.1 serialization

Arjun
Hi everyone,

I have a piece of code in which I sign some message (see code attachment: Sign.java). My question is how to retrieve the original message, or even better: the CMSSignedData object, when we only have the a byte array of the ASN.1 encoding of this object.

The reason I want to know this, is because I want to decrypt a certain signed message. I am able to decrypt this message, but it results in an ASN.1 encoded byte array (which does correspond to my original message), but I am not able to process this decrypted message any further.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Arjun

Sign.java (3K) Download Attachment