Our research findings related to the usability of Bouncy Castle SCrypt implementation

Our research findings related to the usability of Bouncy Castle SCrypt implementation

Chamila Dilshan Diwelwatta Gamage
Dear all,

I am a student from UNSW Australia who recently completed my PhD. During my PhD, I investigated on evaluating the usability of security APIs and one particular API that I investigated is the Bouncy Castle Scrypt implementation.

I conducted a usability evaluation for the Bouncy Castle SCrypt implementation and identified several usability issues based on the API users' feedback. Herewith, I have included links for the paper [1] I wrote based on my results (which was published in EASE 2018 conference) and a complete list of usability issues that I identified [2]. I could not attach the files since the mailing list has size limitations.

I hope my results would help you to improve the usability of the API by addressing some of these issues.

Please let me know if there is any feedback on this work.

Regards,
Chamila

Diwelwatta Gamage Chamila Dilshan Wijayarathna
The University of New South Wales (UNSW Canberra)
PO Box 7916, Canberra BA ACT 2610
Australia
Mobile:(+61)416895795