NoSuchFieldError: ecdsa_with_SHA224

nomood
Hi !

I'm a bit confuse, because I get this error:
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: ecdsa_with_SHA224

with the line :
CMSSignedDataGenerator signGen = new CMSSignedDataGenerator();

just like in:
Problem-with-jdk-1-4-and-version-1-4-1-with-new-CMSSignedDataGenerator

The strange thing is it works perfectly with the 133 version of bouncyCastle provider & mail
but not at all with lastest versions.

The strangest thing is the problem is on my co-worker computer who has the last version of java and who has even reinstall it.
But on my computer it works with all versions with no trouble.

If anyone have a clue on what's going on I'll be really grateful !

Regards
Ludwig

Re: NoSuchFieldError: ecdsa_with_SHA224

David Hook-2

This is only going to happen if you're mixing a later version of the CMS
library with an earlier version of the provider.

On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 01:17 -0700, nomood wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I'm a bit confuse, because I get this error:
> java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError:
> ecdsa_with_SHA224
>
> with the line :
> CMSSignedDataGenerator signGen = new CMSSignedDataGenerator();
>
> just like in:
> http://bouncy-castle.1462172.n4.nabble.com/Problem-with-jdk-1-4-and-version-1-4-1-with-new-CMSSignedDataGenerator-td1463172.html#a1463172
> Problem-with-jdk-1-4-and-version-1-4-1-with-new-CMSSignedDataGenerator
>
> The strange thing is it works perfectly with the 133 version of bouncyCastle
> provider & mail
> but not at all with lastest versions.
>
> The strangest thing is the problem is on my co-worker computer who has the
> last version of java and who has even reinstall it.
> But on my computer it works with all versions with no trouble.
>
> If anyone have a clue on what's going on I'll be really grateful !
>
> Regards
> Ludwig

Re: NoSuchFieldError: ecdsa_with_SHA224

nomood
Hi,
Thanks David for your reply.
I finally found out where the problem was comming from.
It was indeed a problem with some mixed up version.
My co-worker had in the jre/bin/ext a old jar of bouncycastle provider (1.28) which was taken when we add the bouncycastle provider instead of the one given (1.45) in the manifest of the application.

Regards,
Ludwig