Making TLS-PSK support ready for asynchronous programming

Making TLS-PSK support ready for asynchronous programming

Vít Šesták

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.
If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify us by email to [hidden email] with a copy of this message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Y Soft and any of its subsidiaries each reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.
Y Soft is neither liable for the proper, complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor any delay in its receipt. This email was scanned for the presence of computer viruses. In the unfortunate event of infection Y Soft does not accept liability.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them.

Hello,

I am not sure if this should be discussed on GitHub, or rather on the mailing list.

In short: I'd like to:

* have an asynchronous code AND
* perform some relatively I/O during decision of choosing PSK based on client identity

While BouncyCastle seems to be mostly async-ready, this time it is not the case: TlsPSKIdentityManager requires to return the result synchronously.

I'd like to get rid of any hack, so I'd like to contribute with a patch. Before writing such code, I'd like to have a rough idea if it is likely to be accepted.

More detailed: https://github.com/bcgit/bc-java/issues/279

Regards,

Vít Šesták 'v6ak'