Java Release 1.57 is now available for download

Java Release 1.57 is now available for download

Jon Eaves
Release 1.57 is now out.

The main focus in this release is on features. This release includes a
new API for client side EST (RFC 7030) requests, as well as additional
work on the TLS API to further complete the BCJSSE provider. The JCE and
lightweight API now include the ARIA cipher. The SM2 algorithm
(signatures, key exchange, and public key encryption) and the XMSS
signature algorithm have been added to the lightweight API. An edge
condition in GOFB mode has been fixed, PSS signature support now handles
non-default length salts in the CMS API, an encoding issue with the
PolicyConstraints extension has been fixed, the evaluation of multiple
key expiry dates in an OpenPGP key has been bought into sync with GPG,
and an occasional reset issue with the Blake2b digest has been fixed. A
number of other issues in the provider have also been addressed and
further work has been done to reduce possible timing side-channels in
the EC FixedPointCombMultiplier.

Further details on other additions and bug fixes can be found in the
release notes at:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/releasenotes.html

Thanks also goes to other people and organisations who have
contributed/donated to the project and you can find the updated list at

https://www.bouncycastle.org/contributors.html

We would also like to make a special mention of CISCO and PrimeKey for
their support in the development of the EST API. We would also like to
thank holders of Crypto Workshop support contracts as we were again able
to fund extra work on this release through time available from those.

For the actual release and other details go to our latest releases page:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/latest_releases.html

And for those who like living on the bleeding edge, the betas for future
releases can be downloaded from:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/betas/

and changes to the code base can be tracked via:

https://github.com/bcgit

On the FIPS front, the Java FIPS 1.0.1 release is now under test. A list
of issues fixed in it can be found at:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/fips-java/BC-FJA-KnownIssues-1.0.0.csv

If you are interested helping support the Bouncy Castle project through
donation, you can find the details on how to donate via PayPal or
Bitcoin, at:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/donate

If you prefer to use direct bank transfer please feel free to discuss it
with us by contacting us at [hidden email] and we'll be happy
help. The Legion of the Bouncy Castle Inc is a registered Australian
charity based in the State of Victoria, Australia.

If you wish to sponsor specific work on Bouncy Castle, get early access
to the FIPS APIs under development, or get a commercial support contract
for the APIs please contact us at Crypto Workshop (
https://www.cryptoworkshop.com )

Remember, you can also follow this project on Facebook (
https://www.facebook.com/legionofthebouncycastle ), Google+ (
https://plus.google.com/+BouncycastleOrgAPIs/posts ) and/or Twitter (
https://twitter.com/bccrypto ).

Finally, for users of the maven repositories, 1.57 should be appearing
shortly on maven central. The GitHub repository has been updated as well.