Java 9 Compatibility

Michael Baldwin
Hi, has any testing been done with BouncyCastle on Java 9? I was wondering if there were any impacts to its use as a JCE provider now that the new platform module system is in play.

Thanks

Re: Java 9 Compatibility

David Hook-3

As far as using the provider goes, we're not aware of any issues around
Java 9. There's still a couple of things to sort out with building it
though...

On 23/01/18 23:19, Michael Baldwin wrote:
> Hi, has any testing been done with BouncyCastle on Java 9? I was
> wondering if there were any impacts to its use as a JCE provider now
> that the new platform module system is in play.
>
> Thanks

Re: Java 9 Compatibility

Uri Blumenthal
First, could you explain how to configure BouncyCastle as a static provider in Java 9?
Second, where would you put the BC jar files under Java 9?

And yes, it would be nice to figure how to build BC under Java 9, but need to get it working with user apps before that.

Sent from my iPad