Java 6 Integration

RAKHAOUI, Said

Hi every body,

Can you tell me how can I integrate your JCE implementation in order to replace the native one provided by the default

Regards,

Said

RE: Java 6 Integration

Eckenfels. Bernd

This depends on your usecase or system, you can either specify „BC“ as provider in all places where you use crypto primitives, in this case you dont need further configuration. If you want to replace the default provider (if no provider is specified), then you can do that in the java.security file which contains a list of providers or with

            Security.insertProviderAt((Provider)Class.forName("org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider").newInstance(), 1);

And of course adding bcprov to your classpath. See 6.1 in this file:

http://www.bouncycastle.org/specifications.html#install

Gruss

Bernd

RE: Java 6 Integration

RAKHAOUI, Said

​Thank you for response

I'm using JDK 6, can you confirm that bouncycastle supports TLS 1.2 please ?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Said RAKHAOUI

This email is intended only for the recipient(s) to whom it is addressed. This email may contain confidential material that may be protected by professional secrecy. Any fact or opinion contained, or expression of the material herein, does not necessarily reflect that of SEEBURGER AG. If you are not the addressee or if you have received this email in error, any use, publication or distribution including forwarding, copying or printing is strictly prohibited. Neither SEEBURGER AG, nor the sender (Eckenfels. Bernd) accept liability for viruses; it is your responsibility to check this email and its attachments for viruses.

RE: Java 6 Integration

RAKHAOUI, Said
Actually, I'm using JDK 6u45 and I would like to support TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2
I have 2 choices :
  1. ​Migrate to JDK 8
  2. Set BC as my cryptography provider at JCE level, but the JSSE of JDK 6 support only TLS 1.0 so it doesn't reslove my problem
Can you valid my second assertion

Regards,