It is theoretically possible to install BC FIPS

It is theoretically possible to install BC FIPS

David Templar-2

Hi,

I have spent a long time on this BC FIPS for Android (Apologies if it is boring). And Apologies to Mr Hook if my wish for open BC FIPS collides with the reality that development does cost time and money, certification a lot more and then time and money selling the certified product. But BC is a registered charity now!

Anyway... maybe hope for a cheap way into Samsung Retail devices!

Samsung Knox E-Fota program allows custom configs and 100% clean roms! Within that portal proprietary apps can be added to a distribution in an Enterprise environment! The Cloud version trial is free for 90 days and after that around only $12 USD (for 1 year).

https://www.samsung.com/us/business/products/mobile/services/samsung-e-fota/e-fota-1-year-license-cloud-mi-osec101wwt2/) - the on-site version is $100K (probably because on-site give 100% download of the roms to your computer for ALL devices etc!!!

I spent the day doing complete original firmware upgrades and rebuilds of Samsung devices!

So, I am extending my hand and also hoping to get some progress towards an Android FIPS - that most can use! I do not have the cash, but I can try all other options :)  You have released the desktop/server FIPS 1.0.2... so, let's try to get an Android version!

Once ODEX (not classes.dex - per app) I do not think the checksum changes as it is part of the rom.

You mentioned ZEBRA - OK (my understanding was they are like IMMERSAT etc for extreme locations). I was wrong - they do a great range of devices.

I am just giving ideas and as a programmer I do not believe there has to be a NO SOLUTION!

NIST BADGE - correct me if I am wrong, but in the .jar certain parts need to be signed. Others can run not signed at L1 - Software! Correct? If yes, then the door is open to the future for BC DEVICE!

--
Kind regards,

David Templar

Re: It is theoretically possible to install BC FIPS

David Templar-2

I know Mr Dettman is thinking, u

Under the new Android system data can be shared between apps - before it was also possible. That could be encrypted data or much more!

When I started Java, (I loved TASM & MASM).

JCE/A was an add on. Dr Stephen and Bouncy Castle had ideas about matters, Slowly and with energy it has now become normal/traditional.

From my  many posts - is it actually possible to think a FIPS data stream is not impossible on Android?

BC can deliver full services - BC FIPS will have to slowly move expectations and re-align.  It does use 90%+ of the FREE BC!

https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra_new_ia/en-us/software/operating-system/TC8000%20Operating%20System/TC8000L-NGMS-FIPS-v02.10.02-lifeguard-13-release-notes.pdf

2019 and FIPS on a device... Android 5? Yes, Android security nulls Android 5 (L)

- Android is now version 10+!

Knowing BC I am 100% sure no patient or data has been compromised.

However, as a programmer I do need to take a break now.

I can run BC 1.65 on Android 4.1 Clean. What did FIPS do?

I do not want to cause problems for your contacts on older devices. Just ignore and best wishes to those who used such devices.

They were medical devices and needed the best man Mr Hook!

On 25/04/2020 03:27, David Templar wrote:

[...]

This email is digitally signed to ensure authenticity.