Help with Converting from Java String to DerOctetString, OcspReq

Help with Converting from Java String to DerOctetString, OcspReq

Aniruddha Shevade
Hi
 Please do excuse me if this is a simple question, I am new to the use of bouncy castle and cryptography in general.

  I am working on a java application, a part of which has to validate OCSP status of a certificate.
  The information passed by the third party application is in form of the following values, which are all of type Java String

  issuerNameHash
  issuerKeyHash
  serialNumber
  responderUrl

Looking at the documentation it does appear I will have to convert these java strings to a DerOctetString.  How to convert these java Strings to  a DerOctetString and vice versa?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards
Ani