Error on encapContentInfo

André Luiz Cardoso
Hi,

 I think that I found a error in CMSSignedDataGenerator. The SignedData
 generated by this class, have a problem on the field encapContentInfo,
 it is puting the OCTET STRING tag (identifier) twice. One is
 apparently correct, but the other one do not have the length
 information. I'm sending the picture of the error identified in
 BERViewer.

Thanks.

erro.gif (29K) Download Attachment

Re: Error on encapContentInfo

David Hook-4

No this is correct. BERViewer has left out one important item - the
indefinite length string is of the CONSTRUCTED type - ie. it's made up
of a collection of definite length OCTET STRINGs.