Clarification about bouncycastle java API docs

Clarification about bouncycastle java API docs

Chamila Wijayarathna
Hi all,

I am using bouncycastle java light weight API 1.56 to add some encryption functionalities to a simple application I am developing.

In bouncycastle site, there are API docs for 1.5 as well as for 1.6. What are the correct API docs I should refer when using 1.56 version.

Also I note the, in 1.6 docs, some classes such as org.bouncycastle.crypto.generators.BCrypt and org.bouncycastle.crypto.generators.SCrypt are missing which were available in 1.5 docs. It seems like these are available in 1.56 version of the API I am using as well. Why these docs are removed in 1.6 docs?

In bouncycastle jira project, I observed Java APIs 1.x as well as a Java APIs 2.x project. Is there a 2.x version available for use as well?

Thank You!

--
Chamila Dilshan Wijayarathna,
PhD Research Student
Mobile:(+61)416895795

RE: Clarification about bouncycastle java API docs

Eckenfels. Bernd
Hello,

The Javadoc version has the same version numbers as the binaries, on this URL is the online version for (currently) 1.56:

http://bouncycastle.org/docs/docs1.5on/index.html

(The 1.5+ in the path is the java version it runs on)

The 1.x changes are listed here: http://bouncycastle.org/releasenotes.html only the 1.x API is relevant.

The "1.6" doc you are talking about is for an older (1.3x) version of Bc which had special support for java 1.6, it is expected to have less features and should be ignored.

Gruss
Bernd
--
http://www.seeburger.com

In bouncycastle site, there are API docs for 1.5<http://www.bouncycastle.org/docs/docs1.5> as well as for 1.6<http://www.bouncycastle.org/docs/docs1.6/>. What are the correct API docs I should refer when using 1.56 version.

Also I note the, in 1.6 docs, some classes such as org.bouncycastle.crypto.generators.BCrypt and org.bouncycastle.crypto.generators.SCrypt are missing which were available in 1.5 docs. It seems like these are available in 1.56 version of the API I am using as well. Why these docs are removed in 1.6 docs?

In bouncycastle jira project, I observed Java APIs 1.x as well as a Java APIs 2.x project. Is there a 2.x version available for use as well?

Thank You!

--
Chamila Dilshan Wijayarathna,
PhD Research Student
The University of New South Wales (UNSW Canberra)
Australian Centre for Cyber Security
Australian Defence Force Academy
PO Box 7916, Canberra BA ACT 2610
Australia
Mobile:(+61)416895795

SEEBURGER AG            Vorstand/SEEBURGER Executive Board:
Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office:                Axel Haas, Michael Kleeberg, Friedemann Heinz, Dr. Martin Kuntz, Matthias Feßenbecker
Edisonstr. 1
D-75015 Bretten         Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats/Chairperson of the SEEBURGER Supervisory Board:
Tel.: 07252 / 96 - 0            Prof. Dr. Simone Zeuchner
Fax: 07252 / 96 - 2222
Internet: http://www.seeburger.de               Registergericht/Commercial Register:
e-mail: [hidden email]               HRB 240708 Mannheim

Dieses E-Mail ist nur für den Empfänger bestimmt, an den es gerichtet ist und kann vertrauliches bzw. unter das Berufsgeheimnis fallendes Material enthalten. Jegliche darin enthaltene Ansicht oder Meinungsäußerung ist die des Autors und stellt nicht notwendigerweise die Ansicht oder Meinung der SEEBURGER AG dar. Sind Sie nicht der Empfänger, so haben Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten und jegliche Verwendung, Veröffentlichung, Weiterleitung, Abschrift oder jeglicher Druck dieser E-Mail ist strengstens untersagt. Weder die SEEBURGER AG noch der Absender (Eckenfels. Bernd) übernehmen die Haftung für Viren; es obliegt Ihrer Verantwortung, die E-Mail und deren Anhänge auf Viren zu prüfen.

This email is intended only for the recipient(s) to whom it is addressed. This email may contain confidential material that may be protected by professional secrecy. Any fact or opinion contained, or expression of the material herein, does not necessarily reflect that of SEEBURGER AG. If you are not the addressee or if you have received this email in error, any use, publication or distribution including forwarding, copying or printing is strictly prohibited. Neither SEEBURGER AG, nor the sender (Eckenfels. Bernd) accept liability for viruses; it is your responsibility to check this email and its attachments for viruses.

Re: Clarification about bouncycastle java API docs

Chamila Wijayarathna
Hi Bernd,

Thanks for the clarification.