CertificateFactory does not conforms to JAVA specifications

CertificateFactory does not conforms to JAVA specifications

Massimiliano Ziccardi-2
Hello guys!

About one month ago, I opened this issue:
And I created a PR that should solve/mitigate the issue:
But I never received any comment.

We already discussed this issue some year ago here

I really believe it should be fixed. As it is, it creates incoherent results when passing from any compliant provider (Sun, IAIK, etc) to BouncyCastle.

Code relying to the fact that bad input should raise an exception, could start failing with a NullPointerException if changing the provider to BouncyCastle.

WDYT?

Regards,
Massimiliano

Re: CertificateFactory does not conforms to JAVA specifications

David Hook-3

Hi Massimiliano,

It's on my list, it will be probably be another couple of weeks before I get to it though (there's a couple of other things on the list I have to still deal with).

Apologies,

David

On 15/3/19 11:26 pm, Massimiliano Ziccardi wrote:
Hello guys!

About one month ago, I opened this issue:
And I created a PR that should solve/mitigate the issue:
But I never received any comment.

We already discussed this issue some year ago here

I really believe it should be fixed. As it is, it creates incoherent results when passing from any compliant provider (Sun, IAIK, etc) to BouncyCastle.

Code relying to the fact that bad input should raise an exception, could start failing with a NullPointerException if changing the provider to BouncyCastle.

WDYT?

Regards,
Massimiliano

Re: CertificateFactory does not conforms to JAVA specifications

Massimiliano Ziccardi-2
Hi David,
I see a comment from you here https://github.com/bcgit/bc-java/pull/459 saying that it has been merged, however I see the `PR` as closed (instead of merged) and searching through the repo I don't see any of the PR's changes into `master`.

Cheers,
Massimiliano