Bouncy Castle Crypto Provider Package version 1.67 now available

Bouncy Castle Crypto Provider Package version 1.67 now available

Jon Eaves

Release 1.67 is now out.

This release addresses security, performance, and bugs. Issues
concerning OpenBSDBcrypt, nested BER data, and the BCJSSE have been
addressed. The Java 11/Java 15 XECKey and EdECKey support has been
expanded to the BC KeyAgreement and Signature classes converting keys
automatically where the Oracle interfaces are fully implemented. Initial
(expiremental) support has been added for composite keys and signatures
based on the draft RFC, and performance of Argon2, Noekeon, GCM, custom
binary curves and Edwards Curves has been improved as well. Further work
has also been done on limiting potential side channels in modular
inversion operations used in various algorithms.

Further details on other additions and bug fixes can be found in the
release notes at:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/releasenotes.html

Thanks also goes to other people and organisations who have
contributed/donated to the project and you can find the updated list at

https://www.bouncycastle.org/contributors.html

We would also like to thank holders of Crypto Workshop support contracts
as we were again able to fund extra work on this release through time
available from those.

For the actual release and other details go to our latest releases page:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/latest_releases.html

And for those who like living on the bleeding edge, the betas for future
releases can be downloaded from:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/betas/

and changes to the code base can be tracked via:

https://github.com/bcgit

On the FIPS front, the Java FIPS 2.0.0 module for Java 11 and later is
now available for early access.

Details on future plans can be found at:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/fips_java_roadmap.html

We are looking to raise money for the NIST recovery fees for our next
certification. If you are interested helping support the Bouncy Castle
project through donation, you can find the details on how to donate via
PayPal or Bitcoin, at:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/donate

The Legion of the Bouncy Castle Inc is a registered Australian
charity based in the State of Victoria, Australia.

If you wish to sponsor specific work on Bouncy Castle, get early access
to the FIPS APIs under development, or get a commercial support contract
for the APIs please contact us at Crypto Workshop
(https://www.cryptoworkshop.com ) details about support can be found at:

https://www.cryptoworkshop.com/support_faq.html

Remember, you can also follow this project on Facebook (
https://www.facebook.com/legionofthebouncycastle ), and/or Twitter (
https://twitter.com/bccrypto ).

Finally, for users of the maven repositories, 1.67 should now have
appeared on Maven  Central and github should sync up soon.