Bouncy Castle Crypto Provider Package version 1.62 now available

Bouncy Castle Crypto Provider Package version 1.62 now available

Jon Eaves
Release 1.62 is now out.

This release introduces multi-release jar files and adds support for
ALPN in the BCJSSE. Considerable work has also gone into improving the
DTLS API. The Blake2sx XOF has been added to the lightweight API. An
issue in the cert path API which could cause some valid paths to be
rejected if they contained name constraints has been fixed and a
performance regression introduced in 1.61 for RSA key pair generation
has been addressed. Some issues that have shown up since Java 11 have
appeared have also been addressed.

Further details on other additions and bug fixes can be found in the
release notes at:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/releasenotes.html

Thanks also goes to other people and organisations who have
contributed/donated to the project and you can find the updated list at

https://www.bouncycastle.org/contributors.html

We would also like to thank holders of Crypto Workshop support
contracts as we were again able to fund extra work on this release
through time available from those.

For the actual release and other details go to our latest releases page:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/latest_releases.html

And for those who like living on the bleeding edge, the betas for future
releases can be downloaded from:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/betas/

and changes to the code base can be tracked via:

https://github.com/bcgit

On the FIPS front, the Java FIPS 1.0.2 project is now entering the last
stages of certification. The release is now available under early
access. The road map for this release can be found at:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/fips_java_roadmap.html

We are looking to raise money for the NIST recovery fees for our next
certification. If you are interested helping support the Bouncy Castle
project through donation, you can find the details on how to donate via
PayPal or Bitcoin, at:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/donate

The Legion of the Bouncy Castle Inc is a registered Australian
charity based in the State of Victoria, Australia.

If you wish to sponsor specific work on Bouncy Castle, get early access
to the FIPS APIs under development, or get a commercial support contract
for the APIs please contact us at Crypto Workshop
(https://www.cryptoworkshop.com ) details about support can be found at:

https://www.cryptoworkshop.com/support_faq.html

Remember, you can also follow this project on Facebook (
https://www.facebook.com/legionofthebouncycastle ), and/or Twitter (
https://twitter.com/bccrypto ).

Finally, for users of the maven repositories, 1.62 should be appearing
shortly on maven central. The GitHub repository has been updated as well.