Bouncy Castle Crypto Provider Package version 1.61 now available

Bouncy Castle Crypto Provider Package version 1.61 now available

Jon Eaves
Release 1.61 is now out.

This release adds qTESLA and Argon2 support. Provider support has been
added for Ed448, Ed25519, X448, and X25519, as well as the SM2 public
key cipher mode. Further work has been done on the TLS APIs and support
for endpoint ID validation has been added to the BCJSSE. Issues related
to long messages with RFC3211WrapEngine and long parameters for cSHAKE
have been fixed as well as incorrect co-factors for 2 GOST-2012 curves.
A reloading issue that could occur with XMSS/XMSS^MT keys has also been
fixed and further work has been done on making sure EC keys preserve
named curve parameters on encoding. A new API for processing S/MIME
documents has also been added to the PKIX package.

Further details on other additions and bug fixes can be found in the
release notes at:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/releasenotes.html

Thanks also goes to other people and organisations who have
contributed/donated to the project and you can find the updated list at

https://www.bouncycastle.org/contributors.html

We would also like to thank holders of Crypto Workshop support
contracts as we were again able to fund extra work on this release
through time available from those.

For the actual release and other details go to our latest releases page:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/latest_releases.html

And for those who like living on the bleeding edge, the betas for future
releases can be downloaded from:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/betas/

and changes to the code base can be tracked via:

https://github.com/bcgit

On the FIPS front, the Java FIPS 1.0.2 project has been held up due to
the US Government Shutdown earlier this year, but our lab has submitted
CAVP tests results and has been working through the operational tests
while we are waiting to here back from NIST. The release is now
available under early access. The road map for this release can be found at:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/fips_java_roadmap.html

We are looking to raise money for the NIST recovery fees for our next
certification. If you are interested helping support the Bouncy Castle
project through donation, you can find the details on how to donate via
PayPal or Bitcoin, at:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/donate

The Legion of the Bouncy Castle Inc is a registered Australian
charity based in the State of Victoria, Australia.

If you wish to sponsor specific work on Bouncy Castle, get early access
to the FIPS APIs under development, or get a commercial support contract
for the APIs please contact us at Crypto Workshop
(https://www.cryptoworkshop.com )

Remember, you can also follow this project on Facebook (
https://www.facebook.com/legionofthebouncycastle ), and/or Twitter (
https://twitter.com/bccrypto ).

Finally, for users of the maven repositories, 1.61 should be appearing
shortly on maven central. The GitHub repository has been updated as well.