Bouncy Castle Crypto Provider Package version 1.58 now available

Bouncy Castle Crypto Provider Package version 1.58 now available

Jon Eaves
Hello everybody,

Some extra exciting news in the announcement - please read carefully.

The main focus in this release is on features. Considerable work has
been done on improving the TLS/DTLS API and the BCJSSE. Support for
ECGOST3410-2012 has been added for both signing and key
agreement/exchange. The DSTU-7564 digest and DSTU-7624 (Kalyna) cipher
have also been added. Support for XMSS and XMSS^MT has been added to the
BCPQC provider and certificate support for the BCPQC algorithms is much
improved.

General API support for SM2 and ANSSI curves has also been
improved, a stack overflow error that could occur in conjunction the BC
DEFAULT SecureRandom on startup has been fixed, and the PEMParser now
supports a broader range of PBKDFs.

An override has also been added for situations where improperly encoded
ASN.1 integers have to be accepted in objects, such as certificates.

Further details on other additions and bug fixes can be found in the
release notes at:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/releasenotes.html

Thanks also goes to other people and organisations who have
contributed/donated to the project and you can find the updated list at

https://www.bouncycastle.org/contributors.html

We would also like to make a special mention of Micro Focus for funding
the latest round of improvements in the BC TLS/DTLS APIs and JSSE
provider. We would also like to thank holders of Crypto Workshop support
contracts as we were again able to fund extra work on this release
through time available from those.

For the actual release and other details go to our latest releases page:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/latest_releases.html

And for those who like living on the bleeding edge, the betas for future
releases can be downloaded from:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/betas/

and changes to the code base can be tracked via:

https://github.com/bcgit

In other news, work has finally begun on a new book to document all
these APIs as the older one "Beginning Cryptography with Java" is now
out of date. If you are interested, you can follow the progress of the
new book, "Java Cryptography: Tools and Techniques", and sign up for
notifications on it by going to:

https://leanpub.com/javacryptotoolsandtech

On the FIPS front, the Java FIPS 1.0.1 release has now passed CAVP
testing and code review. A list of issues fixed in it can be found at:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/fips-java/BC-FJA-KnownIssues-1.0.0.csv

BC FIPS 1.0.1 is now available under our early access program.

If you are interested helping support the Bouncy Castle project through
donation, you can find the details on how to donate via PayPal or
Bitcoin, at:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/donate

If you prefer to use direct bank transfer please feel free to discuss it
with us by contacting us at [hidden email] and we'll be happy
help. The Legion of the Bouncy Castle Inc is a registered Australian
charity based in the State of Victoria, Australia.

If you wish to sponsor specific work on Bouncy Castle, get early access
to the FIPS APIs under development, or get a commercial support contract
for the APIs please contact us at Crypto Workshop
(https://www.cryptoworkshop.com )

Remember, you can also follow this project on:

Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/legionofthebouncycastle )
Google+ (https://plus.google.com/+BouncycastleOrgAPIs/posts )
Twitter (https://twitter.com/bccrypto ).

Finally, for users of the maven repositories, 1.58 should be appearing
shortly on maven central. The GitHub repository has been updated as well.