Bouncy Castle Crypto Provider Package version 1.50 now available

Bouncy Castle Crypto Provider Package version 1.50 now available

Jon Eaves
Hello everybody,

Welcome to our 50th Java release!

This release adds support for client side TLS 1.2 and client side DTLS 1.2, ECDH and ECDSA for the OpenPGP library (RFC 6637),
XSalsa20, ChaCha, SM3, Threefish and Skein to the provider and the lightweight library. The GOST PKCS#5 PBKDF2 PBE function and
CryptoPro GOST CFB mode key meshing have also been added, together with support for RFC 6979 deterministic  ECDSA. A simplified
certificate path API has also been added to the PKIX package to provide people with another option for doing path validation and
AEAD support has been added to the JDK15on provider where the JVM supports it. In terms of major bug fixes, CTS mode is now in
alignment with the errata for it detailed in RFC 3692, GOST keys now correctly encode with the CryptoPro parameter sets where
they are available, the TimeStampRequest stream constructor now sets the extensions field correctly, issues with default RC2
parameter encoding in CMS have been addressed and the DSTU4145 signer now truncates long hashes correctly in all cases
(occasionally it used to remove 1 bit extra). Further details on these and other additions and bug fixes can be found in the
releasenotes.html file accompanying the release.

For more details go to our latest releases page:

http://www.bouncycastle.org/latest_releases.html

And for those who like living on the bleeding edge, the betas for future releases can be downloaded from:

http://www.bouncycastle.org/betas/

You can now also follow the project on Facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/legionofthebouncycastle ), Google+ (
https://plus.google.com/+BouncycastleOrgAPIs/posts ) and/or Twitter ( https://twitter.com/bccrypto ).

As always we are grateful to the people and organisations who have contributed to the project and you can find the updated list
at http://www.bouncycastle.org/contributors.html We would also like to thank holders of Crypto Workshop support contracts as an
additional 20 hours of time was contributed back to this release through left over consulting time provided as part of the
support agreements.

Finally, we also wish to make mention that the Legion of The Bouncy Castle has now been officially recognised as an Australian
based charity by the Australian Government and this has enabled us to launch our first fund raiser, initially to make it
possible to get the Bouncy Castle APIs FIPS certified. The costs associated with FIPS certification are in excess of 100,000
USD, so while the number of people using the BC libraries tells us that we should be able to raise the money, it also tells us
that we need help from all of you.

You can find the details on how to donate via PayPal or Bitcoin, at:

https://www.bouncycastle.org/donate

All donors will be given the option of being included on an honor roll if they wish, as well as the ability to download our 2013
Fund Raiser commemorative t-shirt template (with new artwork!). If you would like to donate a "large amount" and would like
something more in terms of acknowledgement, or you prefer to use direct bank transfer please feel free to discuss it with us by
contacting us at *[hidden email]* we'll be happy to send you the t-shirt template as well!

If you wish to sponsor specific work on Bouncy Castle or get commercial support for the APIs please contact us at Crypto
Workshop ( http://www.cryptoworkshop.com )

Finally, the 1.50 release has also been published to the Maven repository. If you have not seen it show up on your local mirror
yet, you should see it within 24 hours.

Re: [dev-crypto] Re: [announce-crypto] Bouncy Castle Crypto Provider Package version 1.50 now available

David Hook

Tim, I've added the missing reference to git and the web site.

Apologies,

David