Beta for new TLS API and JSSE Provider now available.

Beta for new TLS API and JSSE Provider now available.

David Hook
Hi all,

Thanks to support received from the Linux Foundation's Core
Infrastructure Initiative we now have a new TLS API which is capable of
using the JCA/JCE as well as the BC light-weight API and also a JSSE
provider built on top of it.

Downloads are at https://downloads.bouncycastle.org/betas/ and the code
is checked into https://github.com/bcgit/bc-java/tree/master/tls

We believe the TLS API is fairly spot on, but we are still working out
all the requirements that the JSSE has on a provider, so feedback is
most welcome.

Please send any feedback to [hidden email]

Re: Beta for new TLS API and JSSE Provider now available.

Michał Zegan
The intention is to have a more functional jsse provider with cipher
suites not supported by standard one, is that right?
I would say I waited for that one.

W dniu 22.11.2016 o 05:35, David Hook pisze:

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks to support received from the Linux Foundation's Core
> Infrastructure Initiative we now have a new TLS API which is capable of
> using the JCA/JCE as well as the BC light-weight API and also a JSSE
> provider built on top of it.
>
> Downloads are at https://downloads.bouncycastle.org/betas/ and the code
> is checked into https://github.com/bcgit/bc-java/tree/master/tls
>
> We believe the TLS API is fairly spot on, but we are still working out
> all the requirements that the JSSE has on a provider, so feedback is
> most welcome.
>
> Please send any feedback to [hidden email]
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

Re: Beta for new TLS API and JSSE Provider now available.

David Hook

Yes, that's basically the idea.