Quantcast

BC : Java 7 1024 bit DH

Shiva Ram
Hi,

I have a server Java7u79 which I can't update to Java8 as it breaks other dependencies. Many of my clients are using OpenSSL and they are complaining that they can't establish a connection to my server as OpenSSL is rejects DH key less than 1024 bits. On investigating I found that Java7u79 uses 768bits. I investigated a bit and couldn't find a way to override it in Java7u79 .

Is it possible to do this in DC  Or is my only option is to upgrade to Java8 ?

Thanks much
Shiva

RE: BC : Java 7 1024 bit DH

Eckenfels. Bernd
The easiest option is to disable DHE, it will still use ECDHE which does not have this problem.

Of course you can try the alternative BCJSSE provider, not sure how mature it is.

Gruss
Bernd
--
http://www.seeburger.com