About CMSSignedData.verifySignatures

Satoru Otsubo-3
Hi all,

In CMSSignedData class, the method "verifySignatures" is described as the following:
------
public boolean verifySignatures(SignerInformationVerifierProvider verifierProvider)
                         throws CMSException
Verify all the SignerInformation objects and their associated counter signatures attached to this CMS SignedData object.
------

This method returns true if all signers uses the same certificate.

By the way, when there are many signers, each signer's certificate is normally different from the others, I think.

Therefore I can not imagine in what situation many signers uses the same certificate.

Can anyone explain in what situation the method "verifySignatures" is used ?

Thanks in advance,

Satoru